Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Episode 9-Brother of mine, A Dedication - Roland's History (part 2)


















If you have ever had a brother, you will identify fully with this, Episode 9, dedicated to my oldest brother, Sammy. Sammy not only introduced me to running years ago, he also modeled the importance of family and caring for one another, relationships and the critical role they play in all of our lives.

He probably knows how much his support and influence meant to me during a very difficult period of my early life, but if he does not, this episode helps to clarify why I feel this way.

The episode includes a 15 minute interview I conducted with Sammy recently. We talk about the "early days" of our running, including some scary--as well as funny--times we shared together.

More than running, relationships are so vital in our lives. My hope is that this episode will move you to contact that person--or persons--who were a stabilizing influence during a difficult place in your life; we all have those places--and those persons.

This episode has a special place in my heart and is one of my favorites up until now. As you listen, I think you will know why. As always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________

The music heard in the body of the podcast is entitled “Brother of Mine," by Shane Alexander. Check it out at Mevio Music.

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.com
_________________________

"Brother of Mine"
(Words and music by Shane Alexander)


Out of the darkness came a pinhole full of light
Out of the emptiness some peace of mind tonight
Filling the space that had been dark in both our lives
Slowly at first, but still grows brighter all the time


And I can’t lie, I never thought about it all that much
I don’t know why, but now you’ve opened up my eyes
Brother of mine


A familiar face, you’ve got a smile that looks like mine
Ten years between us, we grew up in different times
But what’s in the past don’t make much difference anymore
Now that it’s open, may we never close the door


Cuz I can’t lie, I never thought about it all that much
I don’t know why, but now you’ve opened up my eyes
Brother of mine
Brother of mine
Brother of mine


What’s the lesson to be learned from the way the story’s turned
From the way the fear has died


Cuz I can’t lie, I never thought about it all that much
I don’t know why but now you’ve opened up my eyes
No I can’t lie, I never thought about it all that much
I don’t know why but now you’ve opened up my eyes


Brother of mine
Brother of mine
Brother of mine
Brother of mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger