Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Episode 6-Cross training begins, time AND distance



I begin a couple of "new things" with this episode and discuss observations of each: cross training and using a GPS watch. I broke down and purchased a Timex 100 Lap 5E701 version. While I am still learning it, I am already getting the hang of it. The idea of being followed by a satellite beam is pretty cool. I think the addition to my running routine will be helpful.
I also began riding my stationary bike this week. It has more capabilities than I will ever use, but may be we'll learn more as we go on. We discuss the goals I hope to accomplish with the bike.
Odie (above) is also waiting for us as we close the episode, barking and scratching to go for his walk as we cool down. While he can run short distances--up the hall for instance--he is a bit small for longer runs, plus he is on the leash when outside. He is, however, a great dog.
I need a couple of things from you this week (see the "email me" link on this page):
1. What do you do for cross training (if any)? How has it benefited you and what might I expect?
2. Do you use a GPS system? How has it improved your running?
Finally, I still need some input on a half-marathon training program that might work for a 3 day
a week runner--who hopefully cross trains a couple of days per week.
Hope your week is a good one.
Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner
_________________________
The music heard in the body of this episode is entitled "Bad Luck Soul," by Trafic de Blues. Check it out at Jamendo.com

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger