Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Episode 8-Training update and Fun Fourth 10K coverage



Episode 8 begins with a training update on the week--and the GPS watch. So far, so good. Join me as I strive to run a slower week in anticipation of the race. I also had the privilege of being on The Runner's Round table, episode 34. I hope you enjoy listening to it.

Then you go with me as we run the Fun Fourth 10K in Greensboro, NC. This is the first 10K I have run in several years and I wanted to break 50 minutes. My official time was 49:11 and I felt great.


I mostly ran negative splits: 8:18, 8:08, 7:45, 7:55, 7:47; 9:19 (1.2). The day was warm, but not terribly hot at race time. While I did not place, I feel good about my effort and pacing. Also, check out the video below of the beginning of the race. If we knew we were going to post it, we might have been a little more creative! Anyway, it gives you a feel of the beginning of the race and you get to see yours truly (I'm the nervous one)!






Next week, I have a special treat for you. Hear about that on this episode as we bring things to a close. I will be sharing an interview with someone who introduced me to running years ago.

I trust your training is going well. Please send me an email at the link on this page. I want to know your thoughts about the program. Your feedback is so critical. Until next time.

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,

The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________


The music heard in the body of the podcast is entitled “Orchestra Song," by Missing Autumn. Check it out at Mevio Music.

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger