Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Episode 5-Reasons we run

Episode 5 finds us going for an early morning run in High Point. Join me as we run through the streets of a beautiful neighborhood and talk about the running life. High Point is celebrating 150 years this month. And what would the Furniture Capital of the World be without some very large furniture, such as the world's larget chest-of-drawers. But not to be outdone, Thomasville hosts the world's largest chair. I'll tell you about the chair in the future perhaps and get a picture up as well.

In this episode, we discuss the reasons we run. While I could wax philosophical, I don't--at least not very much. We mainly discuss the physcial, weight management and mental benefits to exercise, running especially. While more could be said about the mental aspects, we keep it fairly simple. I do want to explore the deeper mental beneits in a future podcast.

You will also hear about Christy. I appreciate the email she sent. She was very encouraging as she told me that the podcast has encouraged her to begin running again. That is what this is about. If I can encourage you in anyway as we run together, then my goals are accomplished. Thanks Christy. I wish you great success as you get more into the running lifestyle.

I would love to hear from you about the reasons that you run--or are thinking of beginning/restarting a running program. Use the "email me" button to the left and send me a message. I may mention your email on the next podcast. Again, this is a two way street.
As always, thank you for being with me for this run. It makes doing the podcast worth it.

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________

The music heard in the body of the podcast is entitled “Today," by Kelly's Lot. Check it out at music.podshow.com

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.com

Other sites from the episode: City of High Point, NC, High Point Community Theatre, Weight Watchers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger