Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Episode 7-Going home, heat and the long run














This episode proves that you "can go home again." I don't know what Tom Wolfe was thinking when he said you could not. Anyway, we open with my wife and I arriving at my mother's house for supper (this is the evening meal if you are from the South). After a few anxious minutes related to my being late--or so my mom said, we settle down for a meal. Listen in for a few minutes as we chit-chat and talk about the weather--literally (and other things of course).

From there, you join me for the beginning and closing moments of a very warm long run (just shy of 11 miles). Along the way, we talk about equipment, gels--yet again, and how to cope with the heat. It was a long, warm run, but we made it.

I hope to have a race report from the 10K in Greensboro, NC for episode 8. While I don't know what my time will be, I secretly hope to break 50 minutes; we shall see.

So, pull up a chair, grab a biscuit (homemade I hope), and pass the molasses. Thanks for visiting with me and the family and going on a run together.

Pictured above are my mother and me (left), and my mother, step-father, wife (Cindy) and our niece. The pictures were taken in my mother's front yard.

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)


_________________________

The music heard in the body of this episode is entitled "Rituals at Dusk," by Roger Subirana. Check it out at Jamendo.com

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.com

Other sites from this episode: Loco shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger