Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Episode 4-Electrolyte replenishment, Roland's History (part 1)

Episode 4 is complete. In it, you will go with me for the weekly long run. We will discuss the pros and cons of jelly beans vs. gels for electrolyte replenishment. You may be surprised at my recommendation; I was.

I also tell you a bit about my early running life, including information about my family and upbringing. The issue of overcoming problems brought on through relational issues is also a part of our discussion. My oldest brother Sammy was a big player in my early days of running. This 1982 picture taken at a Goldsboro, NC 10 K testifies to that. (Yes, it was very hot and that is a wet rag on Sammy's head).

Good to hear Nigel, Running From the Reaper, is feeling better and a part of the podcasting community again as well. We close by discussing the importance of having goals and sticking with them. "Rome wasn't built in a day." But they did get it finished!

I hope you will be uplifted, encouraged and inspired in your training as you run. Remember: this is a two-way street. I am encouraged by your feedback; I thank you for your kind comments on how running together is motivating you. If just one person becomes more determined and focused to continue in the running life by listening, then my goal with this episode will be accomplished.

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________


The music heard in the body of the podcast is entitled “Relaxing-Afternoon," by Matt West. Check it out at music.podshow.com

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.

Check out Nigel's show, Running from the Reaper.

1 comment:

  1. I like the beans for the same reason - they are fun and easy to chew. Some things are too chewy and get stuck in your teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger