Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The 20MR Episode 75: Beginning the Half-Marathon Taper

 
Tapering is good...
Welcome to this, Episode 75 of the podcast. I feel like we need to have trumpets or balloons or something. Anyway, it's hard to believe we are this deep into this endeavor, but it has been a real blast and lots of fun. I was reminded this week again how that this is truly a record of my life that happens to be done while we are running. While we cover running topics, we also cover life.

The show starts with a couple of email questions that I attempt to answer. They may apply to you as well:
  1. How can you get all of the episodes of the podcast to download?
  2. What, if anything, can be done about anterior shinsplints.
Thanks to Randy for the questions. Send me your questions/comments here.

As I run in High Point, we actually cover part of the NC marathon course. It's been a while since I've run in this area, and the wind did not help, but the run turns out well as you will hear. During the run, I discuss how things went Thanksgiving, give you the survey results (go to the survey on the right to take this month's new one), and give you a training update. I also tell you what I am doing this week and what I plan to do the week of the half-marathon (only 9 days away as of this post).

We close things out for this 9 mile run with a 21 minute tempo session. One hint: it went well. The last 3 miles were 7:38, 7:38 and 8:00. The last one was not really even tempo. All of this tells me that the plan we have been working on over the last several months has been working. How will we do December 12th? I don't know. But I have prepared hard and now hope to rest well. I trust your running and possible race plans are going well also. And as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________

The opening and closing music is entitled "Point of No Return" and is from the album by the same name by Roger Subirana Mata. Check it out at Jamendo.

The song heard in the body of the podcast is entitled "BLUES WITH ANCIENT GUITAR AMP" by Mormon Headgear. Check it out at Music Alley.

The background music is entitled "Second Half" by John Williams. Check it out at Magnatune.

The transitional piece is entitled "Our Moon" and is from the album of the same name by Roger Subirana Mata. Check it out at Jamendo.

The photo is courtesy of PhotoXpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger