Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The 20MR Episode 76: Final Thoughts Before the Half

As of the publishing of this, Episode 76, the Half Marathon is only three days away. After all of the hard work and the training, I am in taper mode--and it feels good. I admit that I still have questions about how I will do come race day (don't we all?), but I know I have trained smart, hard and adequately. Now, it's a matter of seeing how it all comes together. We will let you know next week.

This episode of the program was recorded on what for me was a very cold morning: 15 degrees F, with a breeze no less. My late step-father would have called it not cold weather, but "butt cold" weather. Not sure what that means? Me either. But we do talk about it in this show. Actually, I recently came across information that said it only gets dangerous when it hits 0 degrees F, as long as you are adequately prepared. There are benefits to running in the cold and we talk about a few in this episode.

Along with the training update, we share an email from Craig. Thanks again Craig and keep working the Chi. I can testify to its effectiveness. It does take a while to get it down, but with continued practice, I feel confident that you will succeed with it. Don't give up!

Not sure how we will do in the race December 12th, but know that I have been struggling with sinus evidently. And while my head is not terribly congested, I have not been quite myself in about 10 days. But I do seem to feel a little better as I write this. Hopefully it won't interfere with the effort Sunday.

We close with a funny story about what happened to one of the fish in my aquarium. I hate it happened, but that's life. And then I round things out by sharing my hopes for the half. Will I PR? I don't know, but don't count on it; stay tuned for the next episode to find out. Regardless, I want to have fun and enjoy the experience. I'm just praying that the weather will cooperate. That too, is to be seen. Thanks for your faithfulness to this show. YOU are why I enjoy it so much. And as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________

The opening and closing music is entitled "Point of No Return" and is from the album by the same name by Roger Subirana Mata. Check it out at Jamendo.

The song heard in the body of the podcast is entitled "Santa's Last Stop" by David Cahalan. Check it out at Music Alley.

The background music is entitled "Second Half" by John Williams. Check it out at Magnatune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger