Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The 20MR Episode 77: Victory Junction Half Coverage

Victory Junction "Run to Victory Half" Finish - 1:43:11
It's hard to believe, but we have finished the half and boy does it feel good to have another one--just my second--under my belt, as it were. Thanks for listening to the coverage in this, Episode 77. We begin the show with me packing up my stuff for the race (the night before). I also did an impersonation of Bing Crosby (called "Crosby Bing") for our church's Christmas program the night before. Check out that jacket...and pipe, no less. And no, um, it was not lit.

"Crosby Bing"

In the midst of packing, we were concerned about the weather. But it really wasn't that big of an issue. Other issues we talk about:
  1. What I've eaten...(I know, exciting)
  2. Plans for race day
  3. The change in the date for next year's half.
We close with race day coverage, including how we did. Bert and I also had a short discussion in the midst of the rain as we waited for the race group to begin to get together near the starting line. And it is all provided for free!

Seriously, thank you for listening. Your encouraging emails both before and after the event meant a lot to me. We all can use that kind of support. Also, thank you for your support of the podcast itself. Without you, it just wouldn't be the same. Really. Send me a message at the email link, or ask to be my friend on FB. Both links are at the right. And as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________

Links for this episode


The opening and closing music is entitled "Point of No Return" and is from the album by the same name by Roger Subirana Mata. Check it out at Jamendo.

The song heard in the body of the podcast is entitled "Rainy Days and Mondays" by Teresa Carpis. Check it out at Music Alley.

The background music is entitled "Second Half" by John Williams. Check it out at Magnatune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger