Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Episode 1-NC Marathon Coverage





Episode 1 of the podcast is now live. It’s hard to believe, but we are slowly getting there. Let me say “thank you” for your patience. While I am pleased with the episode, I did inadvertently leave off about seven minutes at the end, plus the closing musical tag and information: THAT will not happen with the next one, promise!

Episode 1 includes my thoughts and participation as a volunteer at the NC Marathon on May 2nd. David Duggan won the men's marathon in 2:45 and some change, while gold medal Olympic marathoner, Joan Benoit Samuelson took the women's (and overall) title in the half at 1:21:03 (wow!)

I am beginning to understand how difficult this podcasting process can be, but also how rewarding. I have already learned a lot in the past few weeks and expect things will get smoother as the days go by. I almost did not include the first episode, but it still turned out well I think. Also, I trust you get a real feel of what the North Carolina Marathon was like. I want to encourage you to volunteer if you have not done so. While you might not be able to race every week (well, maybe you can), you can volunteer regularly.

NEXT PODCAST: I actually run a race and take you there. Look for it in a few days. Meanwhile, enjoy the slideshow on this page as well. It includes pictures from the marathon, as well as pictures from the race I’ll take you to in episode 2.

I truly look forward to being with you soon, with a complete episode!

(UPDATE ON EPISODE 1: I have uploaded a new MP3 that includes the ENTIRE episode, 12 additional minutes at the end. You might want to listen again--in order to hear the entire episode).

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)


_________________________


The music heard in the body of the podcast is entitled “Second Half.” It is by John Williams, from his album “Long Road Home.” Check it out at https://magnatune.com/artists/albums/williams-long/

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at
http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/24858

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger