Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The 20MR Episode 29: Listener request: what I like and dislike, email responses

Episode 29 is mainly about you, the listener, though it also includes information about me--per your request. Go with me on the weekly long run as I talk about things that I like...and dislike. I am always a bit hesitant to share a lot about myself. I want this podcast to be about running...and life. However, as I promised ( and always will promise), I will respond to all of your emails, some of them during an episode of The 20 Minute Runner when the situation warrants. This is one of those episodes.

While I won't give details here, I do tell you a bit about myself on this run, especially my likes and dislikes. I try not to be too self-effacing, but do want to respond to your input. Again, I love listener email and honestly thank you for responding! Keep them coming.

MY LIKES (NOT exhaustive)
  1. Reading
  2. Writing
  3. Arithmetic (just kidding on that one)
  4. Community
  5. Serving others
  6. Animals
  7. Brussel Sprouts/Mexican/Chinese/Kraut (you get the picture...)
  8. My wife, actually I love her as well :)
  9. Podcasting, receiving listener email
  10. Photography
  11. Family
MY DISLIKES (NOT exhaustive)
  1. Arrogance
  2. Self-centeredness
  3. Being unable to run
  4. Having to deal with grieving families
  5. Rutabagas
We close by hearing a few more emails and sharing a recent race report from a listener, David. His report is also included on the "Listener Race Report" blog, see the link at the left.

As I type this, we are preparing for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I sincerely trust that yours is safe and enjoyable as you spend it with family and friends. Send me your likes, dislikes and what you are thankful for. I will share them in an upcoming episode. And, as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

Listen to this episode:







Powered by Podbean.com



_________________________

Other links mentioned in this episode

Order a copy of my book For As Long As I Can, A Son's Memoir of His Father's Dying Request from Amazon (benefits Hospice)

Long Ridge Writer's Group
(course)

First Wesleyan Church

The music heard in the body of the podcast (and the background) is entitled “Long Ride Home," by John Williams. Check it out at Magnatune Music.

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger