Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Monday, October 26, 2009

T20MR Episode 25: The big "25", recovery and our wonderful bodies



This episode finds us marking a milestone: Episode 25. It's really hard to believe that we have been at it now for six months. The ride has been fun, challenging and rewarding; at least it has for me. From the comments and emails during the past months, we seem to be hitting our stride--and the mark, based on your--the listener's--comments.

Let me thank you for being there. This podcast gets nowhere in a hurry without listeners. I cannot express how important you are in this endeavor. While I have a passion for doing the show, without you tuning in to hear my ramblings each week, it would be fairly pointless. I do NOT enjoy hearing myself talk that much!

For this episode, you go with me on not one, but two runs. Also, I get a little playful with the audio (all I will say is that is has something to do with Looney tunes). Check out the episode to see what I mean. As for this week's content, we cover several things, some with meat, some with fluff. But it's fun. We cover:

  • Sore legs and easing back into the running life after the half marathon
  • Running with the cat (I know, sounds weird, but take a listen; it's pretty funny)
  • Lessons from running that apply to life in general, including learning that you can do anything you set your mind to if you prepare properly
  • Learning what our limitations are in life and running
  • Our wonderful bodies, including examples of people who defy the odds and amaze us with what their bodies did when the going got really rough
I also give you an update on where things are and where we're headed, all while finishing up a very difficult long run. Again, I am able to continue with the running--and the podcast--because I know you share in the passion for both.

Running is obviously something that means a lot to you even as it does to me. I want to encourage you to go as hard as you reasonably can and push your body to its limit. In the process, you will find more joy and fulfillment than you may realize at this point. What's true of running is also true of life. It's great to have experienced the last 25 episodes with you and hopefully many more to come.

So, whether you are a listener from the beginning, or just checking out the show for the first time: I APPRECIATE YOU SPENDING SOME TIME WITH ME! And as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The Twenty Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. The entire piece is heard this week in the body of the podcast. Check it out at Jamendo.

The sound effect of the scratching record was obtained from Freesound and contributed by Halleck. It is used under a Creative Commons License. You can find the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger