Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The 20MR Episode 73: Reasons Why We Run #5 - Self Esteem

I want to recommend a book to you by a friend of mine, Robin Parrish. I actually had to delay an early morning run for a full day because I stayed up until almost 2:00  in the morning finishing it. If you are into the paranormal, ghost stories or stories about large greedy companies with little regard for human life, I recommend it. It is truly a fun--and stimulating--book. Check out the official website here.

Now on to other things that this, Episode 73, covers. As the title of this post affirms, I spend a bit of time talking about how running helps us with self esteem, self confidence, etc. This bleeds over not only into our running, but ultimately into our lives. Running can help you gain the advantage as you work towards feeling better about yourself. I share more information in the show. Please send me your comments and feedback. I know I may have ruffled the feathers for a few listeners and that's okay. Let me hear from you. Send me an email.

The training update includes covering 36.8 miles as we work towards the half in December. My last--and longest--long run is coming up this weekend. We hope to top out at 17 miles with hills and tempo included. Bring on the half!

I have registered for the event and have the confirmation needed to make sure that everything is a go. Another good friend, proprietor of Bert Reed photography, may go with me and take a few photos. While weddings are normally his thing, he wants to give a running event a shot. If it works out, I will be sharing some photos with you after the race is over.

Finally, I encourage you to send Matt, over at the RunDiggerRun podcast a message. Matt has been sidelined as he deals with extensive treatment for his back. Tell him you heard about his misfortune on this podcast and wish him well. Matt, we sincerely wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing you in our ears again very soon.

I'm off to continue the training for the half. I hope "the nightmare is NOT coming" relative to the race. Sorry Robin; I couldn't resist. Thanks for listening and as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

_________________________

The opening music is entitled "Point of No Return" and is from the album by the same name by Roger Subirana Mata. Check it out at Jamendo.

The song heard in the body of the podcast and at the very end is from the album "Our Moon" and is entitled "Angels of Hope" by Roger Subirana Mata. Check it out at Jamendo.

The background music is entitled "Second Half" by John Williams. Check it out at Magnatune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger