Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The 20MR Episode 72: Reasons Why We Run #4 - Goal Setting

It's great to have you along for Episode 72, as we continue looking at the reasons why we run. While I am presenting mine, you probably have some of your own that we might not cover. Feel free to send me your feedback on the topic at 20minuterunner@gmail.com.

We begin by talking about a different sport: bowling. I went again after almost one year. Thankfully, the running is going a bit better than the bowling. But it is better. One reason: posture. I recently had someone to notice that my posture has gotten better--and I didn't even say anything about it. How cool is that? I owe it all to the Chi.

Speaking of Chi, it does seem that the speed is following the form, just as Danny Dreyer says. I am running faster with less effort and my knees and hips are yelling: THANK YOU! If you have not given Chi Running a try, check out Danny's book, Chi Running. You can find it at Amazon or any bookstore. It continues to revolutionize my running. While it might not be your "cup of tea", it is worth a look.

We also talk about gels vs. beans (and other forms of carb/electrolite replacement). Send me an email on that. What works for you? What doesn't work? As we move towards my second half marathon, I would like to know your opinion.

Thanks to Nigel for the new constant feed running podcast channel. Click the link below to hear the most recent episodes of a lot of running podcasts, including this one. It is a great site and can be accessed from your mobile device as well. You might find another show or two that you enjoy.

Finally, the latter half of this run is all about the main topic of the day: goal setting. Running helps us do that in running itself...and life. Listen is as I complete my goal for this run, covering 14 miles and ending with three brutal hill repeats. Am I a glutton for punishment? Listen and decide. I do love distance however, and find that hill repeats are really a challenge. What running goals do you have? Which ones have you met?

Finally, thank you for listening. And thanks for the photos and emails. If you haven't sent me a photo of you, do it now. I will be honored to post it at this blog. Emails of comments, race reports, or simple greetings are always welcome as well. And finally, as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute (chi) Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

__________________________

Links for this episode


The opening and closing music is entitled "Point of No Return" and is from the album by the same name by Roger Subirana. Check it out at Jamendo.

The song heard in the body of the podcast is entitled "Wish I Could" by Carey Ott at Music Alley.

The background music is entitled "Second Half" by John Williams. Check it out at Magnatune.

The graphic above is courtesy of PhotoXpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger