Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The 20MR Episode 32: Forming a Marathon plan, potassium questions and snow!



It's good to have you along for Episode 32, and week 2 of the marathon training. I actually had to record for this episode twice; the first audio was not clear enough to use. I explain why in this episode.

We talk about the plan for the marathon, including:
  1. Cross training plans
  2. Intervals/tempo runs
  3. The long run
  4. Tapering
  5. Potassium (what is it and do we need more of it during heavy training?)
  6. Expanding the core exercises as we prepare for 26.2 miles
  7. Potential plans to run a 5 or 10 K in the weeks leading up the marathon (if I can find one)
  8. I am considering recording some during the marathon. Your thoughts?
I include an update on how the training is going so far and talk a bit about the winter weather we've experienced recently. This run was actually in the dark on potentially dangerous "black ice," but we did not fall--fortunately. I did have to deal with four-wheelers and wet feet this past weekend after the snowfall. As a runner, I know you understand.

If you are viewing this in IE, you might want to switch to Firefox (or another browser). We are having technical issues with IE for some reason. If you use it, some blogs may not be shown or at best, be incomplete. I am working on it if I can figure out what is causing the problem.

Finally, stay tuned for episode 34. It will be a tribute to my late father who passed away January 3rd, 2005. The Marathon is for him...as well as for me.

You listening means more than I can adequately say. I sincerely thank you and ask that you tell other running friends about the podcast. I appreciate that as well. And finally,

Merry Christmas!!

And as always,
Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

Listen to Episode 32 (click the player below)


_________________________


Links mentioned in this episode


Healthline.com

Dr. Gabe Mirkin

Colorado State


"Linus and Lucy" and "The 12 Days of Christmas" used in the body of the podcast are by J.E.L.L.i. and from the album "A Jolly J.E.L.L.i. Christmas." Check it out at Jamendo.com

The opening and closing music heard in each podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger