Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The 20MR Episode 46: Spring! Post marathon thoughts

Welcome to Spring and warm (hot?) weather. Episode 46 is about running in the newness of Spring and enjoying the weather. As I float down the highway, giddy with the smell of flowers, I do have a few thoughts about running and the days after the marathon as well. So, kick off your shoes, grab a lemonade and come along with me for this run.

If you checked out last week's blog, you know that there was a mix-up in who actually won the NC marathon. While the fastest person was disqualified, the eventual winner was rightfully reinstated--at least that's my opinion. Who knew that so much excitement could surround a small-town marathon. Be sure and check the photos scrolling to the left (blogspot page only). I will be adding more as they are sent to me in the days ahead.

Also, for the record, the final email confirmed that I did a bit better than I originally thought. Yes, the 4:05:31 still stands, but I actually ended up placing 64th of out of 302 marathon entrants and 49th out of 211 men. That means that I gained 130 places over the last half of the race, finishing with a 5 minute negative split. I am very pleased.

We have raised about $600 for The American Lung Association. I will keep the link live for a few more days to the left (blogspot page only) if you would like to contribute. If you do, would you send me an email letting me know? I do not need to know the amount, just your name so we can eventually get everyone's contribution included in the final tally. And thanks again for all of you who helped to continue the fight against lung cancer and other lung diseases. My father would be humbled--as I am--and proud.

My plans for the next few weeks are also discussed. I won't go into detail here, but hope to be well on the way to a 25 mile week soon.

The last segment of the show is about listener emails. Thank you to Suzane Smith, Matt at Run Digger Run, Bill Lynn and Coach Jeff Smith. Please follow the links here or to the left (blogspot page only). I appreciate all of the kind comments, and the emails in general.

Also, I encourage you to subscribe to the podcast with iTunes or your favorite podcatcher or feedreader. Send me your most recent race report/plans. Feel free to include a photo and short audio file if you would like. I will share the information on an upcoming episode.

Now, get out there and enjoy the weather! And as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)

Listen to Episode 46 (click the player below)




Powered by Podbean.com
_________________________

The opening and closing music heard in this podcast is entitled “Point of No Return” by Roger Subirana and is the title cut of the album. Check it out at Jamendo.

The music heard in the body of this episode is entitled "Can't Stop Me Now" by Working Girls. Check it out at Music Alley.

The background music near the end of this episode is entitled "Sew Water" by CEBE. Check it out at Jamendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger