Listen to The 20 Minute Runner Podcast



Click the upper right corner of the player above for quick access to past shows!


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The 20MR Episode 53: Where we run

Good to have you along for this edition of the podcast, Episode 53. We begin by greeting Tigger and sharing very briefly about how this small creature has worked her way into our hearts. While we did not intend to get closer to her, some things simply cannot be denied.

Soon on the road, I share about the state I live in: North Carolina. While I am sure your locale is great, I also enjoy calling NC home. Though I have lived in other areas, none feel quite the same. So, in this episode, I give a bit of information about our state and the regions that make it up.

1) The Coastal Region: I grew up here and called the Outer Banks and the Crystal Coast home.
2) The Piedmont Region: This is where we presently live, work and run. It is home to the NC zoo--one of the best in the world--and the Uwharrie Mountains, some of the oldest in the country.
3) The Mountain Region: The region of the foothills, Cherokee Indians and the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, not forgetting the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I am asking you to send me information about where you live and run: emails, photos, audio files; it doesn't matter. Just send me something and I will share it on an upcoming episode and post the information at the blog. I would like to know what makes your area so special and why you enjoy running there.

If you are even in the Piedmont region of NC, the triad especially, please email me ahead of time so that we can get together for a run. I can meet you in Greensboro, High Point, or even Thomasville for that matter. I would love to run with you and perhaps record some for an upcoming episode. Let me hear from you.

Finally, welcome to all of our new listeners. I am glad you have tuned in and welcome your feedback and comments about the podcast. And as always,

Thanks for sharing some of the road with me,
The 20 Minute Runner

Download this episode (right click and save)



_________________________


The opening and closing music is entitled "Point of No Return" and is from the album by the same name by Roger Subirana. Check it out at Jamendo.

The background music is entitled "Second Half" by John Williams. Check it out at Magnatune.

The music heard in the body of the podcast is entitled "North Carolina" by Mission 5. Check it out at Music Alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 20minuterunner on Twitter

Labels


When sending email, please include your first name, city/state or country. Your email may be shared on a podcast. Also, feel free to send me a short mp3 or wav audio file. I might play it during a podcast. Your comments are always welcome.
Powered By Blogger